Bristol Environmental has 25 years of experience and the expertise to categorize, condense, package, transport, and dispose of universal wastes generated by your renovation projects.
Universal wastes refer to specific wastes that have been designated as such by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) because they are generated almost universally across businesses and industries. Most of these wastes do not require hazardous waste manifests or shipping records.
EPA universal wastes include:
- Electronic devices (computers and cell phones)
- Cathode ray tubes (CRTs) found in televisions and computer monitors
- Carbon zinc
- Sealed lead-acid
- Mercuric oxide
- Metal hydride
- Silver oxide button
- Zinc air
- Light bulbs (lamps)
- High-intensity discharge (HID)
- Mercury-containing devices
- Computers containing mercury
- Mercury switches (including switches in cars and other vehicles)
- Glass thermometers
- Aneroid sphygmomanometers
- Ballasts containing polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Paints, Oils, and other non hazardous chemicals
In addition to the federal rules related to universal wastes, some states have ruled that other additional wastes generated in their particular states may also be managed as universal waste.
This work generally occurs in older and/or abandoned structures that have accrued a variety of waste streams over time.
Bristol Environmental has the experience and expertise to categorize, condense, package, transport, and dispose of universal wastes generated by your renovation projects. We will complete any required generator paperwork, waste profiles, and shipping records to comply with all local, state, and federal regulations.
Let us help you solve your waste issues.